1991 04 20 Electronic "Get The Message" NME Review

ELECTRONIC:
Get The Message
(Factory)

Simple. If it was up to me, this would've been Single Of The Week by a mile, but this page belongs to those costermongers off Bread so we must let it lie. However, take it from me, this is draught genius. The two most important members of the '80s two most important groups making great (metaphorical) love together.

'Get The Message' is the record I gave up my job in insurance to one day review. Not as Bakerlite as 'Getting Away With It', this is an altogether more seductive pop single, with acoustic wavyness and an award-winning flibbertygibbet drum machine fill. New Order can now split up.

K: How come every song sounds like The Beatles today?

R: I wouldn't say it was a classic. 

But you must admit, Bernie Sumner's got a lovely singing voice.

K: Oh, it's a fella is it?

R: A good try. You'd have trouble getting it out of your head.

Comments